Salary: £75,000 - £85,000 - per annum Location: Greater London Job Type: Permanent
Opp. to lead the overall Int. comms strategy for not for profit membership association, for the fixed income sector.
My Client promotes well-functioning cross-border capital markets, which are essential to fund sustainable economic growth.
It is a not-for-profit membership association with offices in Zurich, London, Paris, Brussels and Hong Kong, serving more than 615 member firms in 65 jurisdictions. Among its members are private and official sector issuers, banks, broker-dealers, asset managers, pension funds, insurance companies, central banks and law firms.
The Head of Press and Communications works within the Communications team, which manages all communications with the international membership and other fixed income market stakeholders, including regulators and press.
Reporting to the Managing Director/Head of Communications, the role will take responsibility for developing and implementing the overall international communications strategy including:
-global media relations
-developing, editing and overseeing distribution of content across various platforms and international event programmes.
- working closely with Heads of Education and Membership to support sales of education offering and membership.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the communications plan and enhancing the company's profile in global media. This will include maintaining a strong network of relationships with journalists, working with the regulatory policy team to identify stories and messaging for the media, fielding journalist calls, preparing press releases and press briefings.
You will also draft articles for mainstream papers, trade press, the ICMA website and Quarterly Report and other newsletters.
And you will identify and secure speaking opportunities for senior staff at industry events.
The role will involve two direct line management reports in the London office and regular interactions with market practice and policy experts in all International offices.
What my Client is looking for:
· 10+ years of experience in communications, public relations or marketing in a capital markets environment and a good understanding of how fixed income markets operate.
· Experience of managing and motivating teams.- supportive, good leader and very collaborative.
· Good understanding of social media and its operation.
· Ideally fluent in at least one other European language beside English.- but not essential.
- A hybrid worker - weekly central London office and from home.
Please do share your details if you meet the requirements.